One of the questions I get asked the most is “What is your favorite country to visit with kids?” This is a very tough question, because truthfully, every single country we’ve visited as a family, has been the best country we’ve visited.
Every time we visit a new country, there is always an amazing memory we hold dear to our heart that leaves us feeling like it is the best country we’ve visited. And then we visit the next country and suddenly we are like, “Wait, it’s this one for sure! This is our favorite country.”
- What Countries Have We Been To?
- North America
- South America
What Countries Have We Been To?
We have been to over 25 countries so far (Jan 2020) as a family and have really enjoyed visiting every single one of them.
We usually travel as a family of three (my husband, Aiden and I). Sometimes, I take Aiden by myself; like the time we spent a month in Asia and also the time when we visited Egypt.
We have also traveled as a family of two, three, four, five, six and even seven, including my sister and nieces and nephews; like that one time that we visited Paris, London and Stockholm for Christmas.
There is no special formula for our trips, other than:
- We go wherever is cheap and only to places we can afford to visit.
- We wait till there is a fare sale or error fare, or search for the cheapest place to fly to using Skyscanner.
- We fly budget airlines or any airline as long as it is a good deal. We;ve flown Ryan Air from London to Italy for about $12 a person. Can’t beat such a price.
- We stay in hostels as need be so that we can stretch our dollars. YES – contrary to popular belief as well as the movie Hostels, there are plenty of family friendly hostels all over the world.
- We don’t always pay for excursions or tour guides so we can explore on our own and save money.
“If people live there, then there will be something for us to do there”Karen Akpan, The Mom Trotter
Below are a few blog posts to guide you as you plan your trips.
- How To Save Money On Flights
- Family Friendly Hostels Around The World
- How To Plan A Trip To Any Country In The World
- Best Websites To Find Cheap Flights & Error Fares
- Tips On How To Make Travel Affordable For Families
I have listed the countries below separated by continent so it is easy to find, and I have also linked each country to the blog post that corresponds with it so that you can read it an make an informed decision on where to take your children to.
There are 7 continents in the world; North America, South America, Asia, Europe, Africa, Australia and Antarctica.
So far, we have been to five continents, so we have two more to go to be able to say that we have officially visited every continent.
Below, I will only be listing the countries that we have visited. I plan to add to this list as we continue to travel the world. If you see an * by the country, that means that we’ve been there, but I haven’t written a blog post on it yet.
North America is made up of 23 countries and 9 dependent territories. You can read more about each country here.
The most visited countries by tourists in North America are the United States of America, Mexico and Canada.
United States Of America
- Los Cabos – Mother’s Day Trip
- Los Cabos – Baecation / Couples Trip
- Los Cabos – Best All Inclusive Resorts in Baja Del Sur
- Puerto Vallarta – Things To Do In Puerto Vallarta With Kids
- Puerto Vallarta – Best Restaurants In Puerto Vallarta
- Cancun – Things To Do In Cancun
- 5 Reasons I Will Never Visit Mexico Again
South America is compromised of a total of 12 independent countries, and 3 dependent territories. You can read more about South America here.
The most visited countries by tourists in South America are Brazil, Argentina and Peru.
Europe is compromised of 44 countries and 4 dependencies also known as territories. Europe is also divided into Northern, Eastern, Western and Southern Europe. You can read more about each country and territory here.
The most visited countries by tourists in Europe are France, Spain, Italy, the United Kingdom and Germany.
Africa is made up of 54 countries and 4 dependencies also known as territories. You can read more about Africa here.
The most visited countries by tourists in Africa are Morocco, South Africa, Egypt and Tunisia.
Asia is the largest continent and is made up of 48 countries and 3 dependencies also known as territories.
You can read more about Asia here. The most visited countries by tourists in Asia are China, India, Thailand, Malaysia and Turkey.
- Guangzhou – Things To Do In Guangzhou
- Beijing – 23 Hour Layover In Beijing
- Beijing – 10 Hour Layover In Beijing
Australia or Oceania as it was referred to before is made up of 14 independent countries and 12 dependencies also known as territories. You can read more about each country and territory here.
The most visited countries by tourists in the continent of Australia are, Australia, Fiji and Bora Bora.
- Waiheke Island
- Coromandel Peninsula
- Hot Water Beach, New Zealand
- New Zealand Road Trip Itinerary
Then make sure to sign up to receive our latest posts directly in your email. PS: Thanks for subscribing 🙂
We hate spam just as much as you do, so don’t worry you won’t be getting any.
- Find the best deals on Cruise Direct
- Purchase must have travel insurance through Allianz