This post may contain affiliate links. By clicking on any of the links below, I may get a commission if you make a purchase at absolutely no additional charge to you. This helps offset the costs of running this blog & I appreciate your support. Please see my privacy & disclosure policy for more.
When I decided to plan a trip to Africa, I knew that Ghana had to be one of our stops. I’ve wanted to visit Accra, Ghana for as long as I can remember, and I am so glad that we were able to make this trip as a family. This post highlights my list of 25 things to do in Ghana with kids.
Planning a trip to Africa? I highly recommend Ghana, for even the first time travelers. You and your kids will enjoy the culture, the food, the history, the people; basically everything about it!! Well, there are a lot of things to do in Ghana, Africa.
Below is my list of 25 things to do in Ghana with kids, in no particular order!!
1.Visit the Monument of Liberation and learn about its significance
2. Be brave and take the canopy walk at Kakum National Park
3. Stay at a bed and breakfast and enjoy a typical Ghanaian breakfast
4. Watch crocodiles at a Crocodile Garden
5. Visit the slave cell at Cape Coast Castle
6. Learn about the history of slaves at Cape Coast Castle
7. Stay At Coconut Grove Beach Resort
8. Drink Malta
9. Learn more about slavery at Elmina Castle while you admire the scenery
10. Jump into the waves, clothes and all
11. Smile when you realize that you are standing at the “Door Of Return”
12. Shop till you drop at the Center For National Culture Textiles Market
13. Take a photo in front of the fishermen’s boats at Cape Coast Castle
14. Shop at Accra Mall
15. Take a walk through a local market
16. Go swimming
17. Drink yummy coconut water – Ghana is HOT!
18. Admire the artwork at the slave museum in Cape Coast Castle
19. Take a drone photo of the fishermen boats at the coast
20. Learn about Nkwame Nkrumah and visit the museum dedicated to him at the Nkwame Krumah National Park
21. Take a closer look at what the slaves at Cape Coast Castle endured
22. Enjoy a guided tour through the forest at Kakum National Park
23. Snap a selfie with you significant other before your clingy kid tries to photobomb
Now you can Snap a family selfie in your Dashiki
25. Eat Ghanaian Jollof Rice, because there is really none in the world like it
We have enjoyed a lot in Ghana, and ensure that the above activities are the best things to do in Ghana, Africa.
So tell me, have you been to Ghana, what did you / your kids love about it?
Don’t forget to check out my other post on “3 Days In Ghana With Kids” for more.
Visiting the Kwame Nkrumah Memorial Park. He was Ghana’s first president. He also fought for Ghana’s independence from the British which was eventually granted in 1957. So much history and so much to learn about him. #TravelWithKids #FlyingWithKids #IndustryKid #WorldTraveler #TravelTheWorld #ExperienceTheWorld #Accra #Ghana #GhanaTrip #KwameNkrumah #KwameNkrumahMemorial #TouringGhana . . . . . . . . . . . . . #BlackTravelFeed #FamilyTravel #TravelBlogger #TravelBlog #MomBlog #BlackBlog #BlackTravel #BlackTraveler #InstaPassport #BlackTravelMovement #IGTravel #Travel #Wanderlust #GoingToAfrica #ItsTimeForAfrica #HomeschoolFieldTrip #HomeSchoolingRocks #HomeschoolKid