This post may contain affiliate links. By clicking on any of the links below, I may get a commission if you make a purchase at absolutely no additional charge to you. This helps offset the costs of running this blog & I appreciate your support. Please see my privacy & disclosure policy for more.
If beaches are your thing, the Caribbean islands are probably already on your bucket list. If you’re planning to go there anytime soon, here’s a little guide to help you make the most of your time and money.
In this article, I’ve listed the “8 Best Caribbean Islands For Kids” that offer you the best value for your money; as well as where to stay, where to eat and what to do with kids.
8 Best Caribbean Islands For Kids That Are Affordable
The Caribbean is always guarantee to attract families looking for some sand, sun and relaxation. There are many Caribbean Islands to visit, however it is important to know the best Caribbean Islands for kids so that you can plan accordingly.
Best Caribbean Islands For Kids: PUERTO RICO
Puerto Rico is an absolute favorite for those longing for a fun Caribbean Island to visit escape, and it has a ton of exciting food to try for all the food lovers out there.
It also has some cool rain-forest and sea activities to try- nothing that’ll make your wallet lighter though. The nightlife here is worth a special mention too!
PS: A passport isn’t necessary for American citizens traveling to Puerto Rico as it is part of the U.S.
Where To Stay In Puerto Rico With Kids
- El Conquistador, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
- San Juan Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
- Wyndham Grand Rio Mar Beach Resort & Spa
- The Condado Plaza Hilton
- Regis Bahia Beach Resort
Top Beaches To Visit In Puerto Rico With Kids
- Isla Verde Beach, Carolina
- Condado Beach, San Juan
- Playa Flamenco, Culebra
- Pozo de Teodoro, Isabela
- Playa Luquillo,
Things To Do In Puerto Rico With Kids
- Visit historic Old San Juan
- Take a hike in El Yunque National Forest
- Go ziplining at Toro Verde Nature Adventure Park
- Take a tour of Bioluminescent Bay
- Have fun at Museo del Nino (Children’s Museum)
Where To Eat In Puerto Rico With Kids
- Jam Rum Bar & Bistro Moderne
- La Estacion
- Di Yukas
- La Terraza
Best Caribbean Islands For Kids: CURACAO
Packed with many cultural and historic sites to explore and a museums and architectures worth checking out, Curaçao is a great Caribbean Island to visit with kids.
It is an island to check out if you’re trying to stick to a budget and still have a great time. Of course, there’s the white sand and turquoise waters to enjoy apart from all of that.
PS: American citizens must have a valid passport to visit Curaçao.
Where To Stay In Curaçao With Kids
- Santa Barbara Beach & Gold Resort
- Sunscape Curacao Resort Spa & Casino
- Lions Dive & Beach Resort Curacao
- Royal Sea Aquarium Resort
- Renaissance Curacao Resort & Casino
Top Beaches To Visit In Curaçao With Kids
- Seaquarium Beach / Mambo Beach
- Playa Lagun
- Kokomo Beach
- Blauwbaai / Blue Bay
- Daaibooi Beach
Things To Do In Curaçao With Kids
- Go hiking at Christoffelpark
- Meet Dolphins at the Curaçao Seaquarium
- Take a Seaworld Explorer submarine tour
- Learn about butterflies at Curacao Butterfly Garden Bar & Restaurant
- Feed an Ostrich at Curaçao Ostrich Farm
Where To Eat In Curaçao With Kids
- Sol Food Curaçao
- Fort Bassau
- Plaza Bieu
Best Caribbean Islands For Kids: THE DOMINICAN REPUBLIC
The Dominican Republic offers the most bang for the buck when it comes to vacations in the Caribbean islands with kids.
You’ll get the chance to spend your time there at luxury hotels and guest houses at a fraction of the cost of what you would spend at other places. There are also many all inclusive resorts for you to choose from making it the place to go for rest and relaxation.
PS: American citizens must have a valid passport to visit The Dominican Republic.
Where To Stay In The Dominican Republic With Kids
- Nickelodeon Hotels & Resorts Punta Cana
- Paradisus Punta Cana Resort
- Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa
- Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana
- The Reserve At Paradisus Palma Real Resort Punta Cana
Top Beaches To Visit The Dominican Republic With Kids
- Bávaro Beach, Punta Cana
- Playa Rincón
- Playa Grande, Rio San Juan
- Cabarete Beach, Cabarete
- Bahia de Las Aguilas
Things To Do In The Dominican Republic With Kids
- Get a taste of Dominican chocolate at ChoMuseo
- Admire beautiful fish at Aquamundo Sambil Santo Domingo
- Swim with dolphins at Dolphin Island Park
- Visit the Lo Haitises National Park
- See the country with Outback Adventures
Where To Eat In The Dominican Republic With Kids
- El Conuco
- Adrian Tropical
- Barra Payan
- Pura Tasca
- La Dolcerie
Best Caribbean Islands For Kids: THE GUADELOUPE ISLANDS
This one’s another great choice, and is getting super popular with all its sulfur baths, hiking trails and beautiful waterfalls.
If it’s the local food you’re keen to indulge in, you should definitely visit the Guadeloupe Island with kids – there’s plenty to eat at super affordable rates.
PS: American citizens must have a valid passport to visit Saint Lucia.
Where To Stay In Guadeloupe With Kids
Top Beaches To Visit In Guadeloupe With Kids
- Plage Caravelle
- Plage Malendure
- Anse à la Gourde
- Petite Terre
- Raisins Clairs
Things To Do In Guadeloupe With Kids
- See animals at Zoo de Guadeloupe
- Visit Pointe des Chateaux were colonial boats arrived from Europe
- Enjoy the beauty of Jardin Botanique de Deshaies
- Swim at Cascade aux Ecrevisses waterfall
- Take a boat tour with Gwadaventure
Where To Eat In Guadeloupe With Kids
- Le Lucullus
- Pizza Express
- Otentik Restaurant
- Resto Chez Emy
Best Caribbean Islands For Kids: SAINT LUCIA
If you’re looking for some extra pampering, Saint Lucia is the place to be. You can relax at the plantation-turned houses and enjoy the local food without breaking the bank, and also enjoy some peace and quiet.
For the adventurous souls, there’s a lot to do too from summit climbs to scenic drives that will intrigue your kids.
PS: American citizens must have a valid passport to visit Saint Lucia.
Where To Stay In Saint Lucia With Kids
- Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa
- Marigot Bay Resort and Marina
- James’s Club Morgan Bay
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort
- Bay Gardens Beach Resort & Spa
Top Beaches To Visit In Saint Lucia With Kids
- Reduit Beach, Rodney Bay
- Anse Chastanet
- Jalousie Beach
- Vigie Beach, Castries
- Sandy Beach, Vieux Fort
Things To Do In Saint Lucia With Kids
- Visit Pigeon Island National Landmark
- Challenge yourself at Splash Island Water Park
- Go zip-lining at Treetop Adventure Park
- Fascinate yourself with a Sea Trek Adventure Helmet Diving Tour
- Enjoy a family pirate at sea with Brig Unicorn Pirate Sail
Where To Eat In Saint Lucia With Kids
- Brown Sugar Restaurant
- Martha’s Tables
- Jacques Waterfront Dining
Best Caribbean Islands For Kids: JAMAICA
Jamaica is one of the top destinations for people visiting the Caribbean, and that’s simply because it offers the most value packed deals for everything from resorts to food.
You’ll find delicious local food that’s affordable and everything from luxury hotels to thrilling outdoor adventure activities. There as also plenty of kid friendly resorts in Jamaica to choose from!
PS: American citizens must have a valid passport to visit Jamaica.
Where To Stay In Jamaica With Kids
- Franklyn D. Resort
- Jewel Runaway Bay Resort
- Beaches Ocho Rios
- Moon Palace Jamaica
- Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa
Top Beaches To Visit In Jamaica With Kids
- Doctor’s Cave Beach, Montego Bay
- Cornwall Beach, Montego Bay
- Seven Mile Beach, Negril
- Rose Hall Beach, Montego Bay
- Frenchman’s Cove, Port Antonio
Things To Do In Jamaica With Kids
- Ride a horse in the ocean
- Climb a waterfall at Dunn’s River Falls
- Zipline at Jamaican Forest Mystic Mountain
- Learn Jamaica’s history at Columbus Park Museum
- Go see crocodiles at the Black River Safari
Where To Eat In Jamaica With Kids
- Just Natural Negril
- Juici-Beef Patties
- Miss T’s Kitchen
- Rockhouse Restaurant
Best Caribbean Islands For Kids: GRENADA
You may not have heard a lot about this one, but that’s the beauty of it. Grenada is like a hidden gem; you’ll find fewer crowds and so much to explore at a budget right from flea markets to upscale grand hotels charging you not-so-exorbitant prices for the stay.
When you’re here, make sure you enjoy the natural beauty around- the lakes, the waterfalls and the outdoor cultural activities. The kids will especially love shopping at the Saturday market.
PS: American citizens must have a valid passport to visit Grenada.
Where To Stay In Grenada With Kids
- Radisson Grenada Beach Resort
- Spice Island Beach Resort
- True Blue Bay Boutique Resort
- Grenadian by Rex Resorts
- Coyaba Beach Resort
Top Beaches To Visit In Grenada With Kids
- Grand Anse Beach
- Morne Rouge Beach
- Magazine Beach
- La Sagesse
- Bathway Beach
Things To Do In Grenada With Kids
- Go see Grenada’s Annandale Falls
- Visit an underwater sculpture park at Moliniere Bay
- Go shopping at St. George’s Market on Saturday morning
- Enjoy a variety of chocolate at House of Chocolate
- Learn about Grenada’s history at Fort Frederick
Where To Eat In Grenada With Kids
- The Beach Club and Rhodes Restaurant
- The Beach House
- The Aquarium
- BB’s Crabback
Best Caribbean Islands For Kids: MARTINIQUE
This island is a French-speaking beauty tucked in eastern Caribbean. You can enjoy French vibes without actually going to France by visiting Martinique.
There are beautiful white-sand beaches filled with palm trees to relax on. You can also visit a live volcano as well as get a chance to practice your French.
PS: American citizens must have a valid passport to visit Martinique.
Where To Stay In Martinique With Kids
- Carayou Hotel & Spa
- Pierre & Vacances Village Club Sainte Luce
- Hotel La Pagerie
- Club Med Buccaneer’s Creek
- Hotel Plein Soleil
Top Beaches To Visit In Martinique With Kids
- Grande Anse des Salines
- La Plage de la Pointe Marin
- Anse Noire
- Anse Coulevre
- Anse Turin
Things To Do In Martinique With Kids
- Visit to the capital city of Fort de France
- Take a boat tour to the famous Diamond Rock
- See animals at Zoo de Martinique
- See Mount Pelee an active volcano
- Take a catamaran tour with Kata Mambo
Where To Eat In Martinique With Kids
- Le Zandoli
- Ti Sable
- Le Kano
- Le PetiBonum
- Le Belem
I hope this list of “8 Best Caribbean Islands For Kids That Are Affordable” was helpful to you. Which of these Caribbean Island’s have you visited? And which is your favorite?
Booking Your Trip To The Caribbean – Tips & Tricks
How To Book Cheap Flights
Looking to book the cheapest flights you can possibly find on the internet, then make sure to use Skyscanner when searching for flights. Don’t forget to download the Skyscanner App also which is very handy. Both the Skyscanner website and Skyscanner App are my favorite booking tools. This is how I was able to get $12.40 airfare from Los Angeles to London, as well as $9.40 airfare from London to Italy.
How To Book Affordable Accommodation
When booking accommodation, TripAdvisor is the way to go. I love TripAdvisor because you can read reviews and see photos from other travelers to get a feel of where you will be staying. TripAdvisor will also route to you the cheapest vendor to book from such as Booking. Don’t forget to check Airbnb for house rentals.
How To Book Activities
My favorite website to search for activities, tours and especially skip the line tickets is Viator. This makes trip planning so much easier because you don’t have to search several sites, Viator has several options to choose from. Same also goes with TripAdvisor Attractions – you can search and book activities as well as read reviews.
Why Travel Insurance Is a Must
People book trip and forget the most important part, purchasing travel insurance. Because we travel often, I purchase our travel insurance place through Allianz for a year at a time. This means that we are covered for all trips within that year. Travel insurance will protect you and your family against theft, injury illness, flight cancellations and so much more.
Looking to save even more money when you travel?
Visit my Travel Resources page to see all the reliable and trustworthy brands that I use to book my travel with. I only recommend brands that I’ve used and can vouch for, so you’re in good hands! ? Also check out these posts below:
- Tips On How To Make Travel Affordable For Families
- Best Websites To Find Cheap Flights & Error Fares
- How To Save Money On Flights
Top Travel With Kids Tips
Traveling with kids and have a few questions you need answers too, these posts below will help your trip run smooth.
What a great post! The amalfi coast of Italy is on my list, I will remember your travel tips!