This post may contain affiliate links. By clicking on any of the links below, I may get a commission if you make a purchase at absolutely no additional charge to you. This helps offset the costs of running this blog & I appreciate your support. Please see my privacy & disclosure policy for more.
If your kids love making crafts, then they’ll really enjoy putting together these bird buddies. This activity is so easy that your kids can even do it themselves.
My son is 7 and was able to make this by himself without my help. If you have kids under the age of 5 they may need help due to small pieces and especially the glue gun.
- 4 wooden clothespins
- Paint: blue, red, yellow, green
- Feathers: red, yellow, green, blue
- Orange craft foam (for the beaks)
- 8 Googly eyes
- Tools: paintbrush, glue gun, glue stick
1. Paint the clothespins, one each color: blue, red, yellow & green.
2. When dry, glue on 2 googly eyes per clothespin.
3. Cut out 4 tiny triangles out of the orange craft foam to make bird beaks, then glue them on using the hot glue gun.
4. Glue feathers to the clothespin birds, these don’t necessarily have to match (yellow clothespin with yellow feathers) let your child be creative.
Have fun placing these adorable guys around your home. They will be sure to brighten your day and put a smile on your face every time you see them. Plus, your kids will have an absolute blast making them!