Disneyland Paris is a magnificent sightseeing entertainment resort in Marne-la-Vallée, a beautiful new town located about 32 km east of Center Paris. The most visited theme park in Europe and owned by the Famous Walt Disney Company. The resort covers about (19 km2) and has two theme parks located very close to each other – The Disneyland Park and Walt Disney Studios Park, entertainment complex, many resort hotels, shopping malls, a golf course and several recreational venues. Disneyland Paris with kids is a great and a wonderful place, and a must visit when in France.
- Disneyland Paris With Kids
- When To Visit Disneyland Paris With Kids
- How To Get To Paris With Kids
- How To Get To Disneyland Paris With Kids
- Where To Stay In Disneyland Paris With Kids
- Best Rides At Disneyland Paris With Kids
- Disney Village at Disneyland Paris With Kids
- Dining At the Disneyland Paris With Kids
- Disneyland Paris With Kids Tips & Tricks
- Is a one day trip to Disneyland Paris with kids worth it?
Disneyland Paris With Kids
We have visited Disneyland Paris with kids twice, in August and in December. In August the weather was great, the park was crowded as kids in Europe were still on summer break. When we visited in December it was very cold and the park was also very crowded. We enjoyed each single visit, however the wait time on rides was quite long.
When To Visit Disneyland Paris With Kids
It can be visited any time of your choice but better be during vacation and holiday periods. The weather is best in Paris mostly around March and April, also September through November, the most temperate periods of the year. The Christmas season is a most fantastic time for a family and friends visit. Even though it snow during the winter but it is usually not very cold in mid-November. However, it does get much colder in November.
Pro Tip: Go to Disneyland Paris with kids during off season – especially when kids are in school. Also make sure to go on a weekday to avoid weekend crowds. Disneyland Paris is known to be one of the most crowded Disneyland Parks.
How To Get To Paris With Kids
- August – We flew to Paris CDG Airport from Los Angeles LAX Airport on United Airlines with miles – 30K miles each person one way.
- December – We flew to Paris Orly Airport from Stockholm on Norwegian Air for $50 per person. I booked our tickets on Skyscanner (make sure to download the Free Skyscanner App too to find the best flight deals).
How To Get To Disneyland Paris With Kids
Disneyland Paris is a 34-40 minute drive from Paris, and a 45-60min train ride from Paris. Fortunately, the RER trains are easy to reach this amusement park.
From Paris to Disneyland Paris: You can take the RER or TGV trains. Depending on where you are starting from, google maps will be the easiest and most accurate way to map out your route. Disneyland Paris is located in the 5th district outside the city, regular metro tickets are not enough. Make sure you buy a train ticket that will take your family to Marne-la-Vallée Chessy RER Line. The station’s electronic equipment makes it easy to purchase tickets. The Paris metro system is very easy to use, and you definitely won’t have any issues with it. You can read more here also – “How to Get to Disneyland Paris.”
From CDG Airport to Disneyland Paris: If you are going to Disneyland Paris straight from Charles De Gaulle airport, you can can take the TGV train directly from CDG to Disney – Marne La Vallee or take the RER B train to Paris, get off at Chatelet Les Halles and then take the RER A train to Marne La Vallee.
Where To Stay In Disneyland Paris With Kids
If you plan to spend more than a day at Disneyland Paris with kids, then it recommended that you stay in one of the hotels around the Disney property. Depending on your budget, there are moderate to expensive hotels at Disneyland Paris. There are six official Disneyland Paris hotels with many varieties nearby with the Disneyland Paris Hotel being the most recommended to stay because of it’s location and beauty.
On our first trip to Paris with kids, we first time we stayed at Maison Astor Paris and the second time we stayed at Hilton Paris La Defense. Both hotels are great and we enjoyed our time at each one of them. Both of them are Hilton properties and we paid for both properties using Hilton points which made it free.
Best Rides At Disneyland Paris With Kids
Disneyland Park Paris
It is well worth it to visit Disneyland Paris with kids as there are lots of exciting fun rides and attractions and for fans of Disney Pixar Movies like the Finding Nemo, Toy Story and much more. There are a numerous selections of rides and attractions for your kids of all ages. Some of the best rides at Disneyland Paris include:
- Big Thunder Mountain
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant
- Alice’s Curious Labyrinth
- Star Tours
- Crush’s Coaster
- Buzz Lightyear Laser Blasters
- Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (Blanche-Neige et Les Sept Nains)
Walt Disney Studios Park Paris
The Walt Disney Studios Park is often compared with Disney California Adventure Park in Anaheim and the Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Orlando. Some of the best rides at Walt Disney Studios Park Paris are:
- Cars Quatre Roues Rallye
- The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
- Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster starring Aerosmith
Disney Village at Disneyland Paris With Kids
Disney Village is an entertainment and shopping complex, very similar to Disney Springs at Disneyworld and Downtown Disney at Disneyland. It has a special selection of Cafes and Restaurants like the Rain forest Café, Starbucks, and Disney-owned dining options. Disney Village boasts of numerous entertainment options with live music, movie theater, sports, all at the Buffalo Bills Will West Show with Mickey and friends.
Dining At the Disneyland Paris With Kids
There are varieties of restaurants in Disneyland Paris. Most restaurants have French food, but they also offer lots of American foods as well as a kid menu with familiar food for your kids. Inventions, The Cable Car Bake Shop, Café Hyperion & Silver Spur Steakhouse are a few of the really good restaurants located in the Disneyland Paris park.
Silver Spur Steakhouse is well known for great steaks. It gets very busy, so advance reservations are highly recommended. We had dinner here and really enjoyed our food.
Other restaurants worth checking out at Disneyland Paris are Bistrot Chez Remy, Restaurant Hakuna Matata, Lucky Nugget Saloon, Pizzeria Bella Notte, Colonel Hathi’s Pizza Outpost, Cowboy Cookout Barbecue, Captain Jack’s- Restaurant Des Pirates, Toad Hall, Walt’s – An American Hotel and Restaurant Agrabah Café.
Disneyland Paris With Kids Tips & Tricks
- Buy your ticket at least 7 days in advance online to get the lowest fare advertised on the Disneyland Paris website.
- You can get a better deal by booking using the European version of the site vs the American site. You can use a VPN to bypass this.
- If you plan to visit for 4 days or more, it is more cost effective to purchase a Disneyland Paris annual pass.
- Make sure to pack a voltage converter when traveling to Paris, you will need it when charging your phone.
- Download the Disneyland Paris App before your trip to help plan your day.
- Take a water bottle with you so that you can take advantage of filling stations at the park.
- Dress accordingly, in the summer it can get very hot, and in the winter very cold – sometimes it snows.
- Disneyland Paris is absolutely beautiful during the winter time.
- Plaza Gardens Restaurant is where character breakfast is held. Make sure to make reservations for this should be booked in advance.
Is a one day trip to Disneyland Paris with kids worth it?
People ask this question all the time, and my answer is Absolutely YES!!!!
Disneyland Paris with kids is world full of fun and excitement and worth a visit while in Paris on vacation. We have made it to Disneyland California, Disneyworld Florida, Disneyland Japan and Disneyland Paris. Our goal is to visit all the Disney locations in the world, so we have Disney Shanghai and Disney Hong Kong left to check off.
For tips on Disneyland California With Kids, see posts below:
- Disneyland California With Kids & Disney California Adventure
- A First Timer’s Guide To Disney California Adventure With Kids
- Your Complete Guide To Booking Family Friendly Disneyland California Hotels
Are you interested in visiting Disneyworld Florida With Kids instead, then check out these posts below:
- Tips For Planning Your First Trip To Disneyworld
- How To Visit Disney’s Animal Kingdom In One Day
- Best Animal Kingdom Restaurants For First Time Disneyworld Visitors
Booking Your Trip – Tips & Tricks
How To Book Cheap Flights When You Travel
If you are looking to book the cheapest flights you can possibly find on the internet, then make sure to use Skyscanner when searching for flights. Don’t forget to download the Free Skyscanner App also which is very handy. This is how I was able to get $12.40 airfare from Los Angeles to London, as well as $9.40 airfare from London to Italy.
How To Book Affordable Accommodation When You Travel
When booking accommodation, TripAdvisor is the way to go because you can read reviews and see photos from other travelers to get a feel of where you will be staying. Other great sites to book hotels are HotelsCombined, Booking.com and Hotels.com. Don’t forget to check HomeAway and VRBO for house and villa rentals too. Perfect for when you travel with a large family, and also to save money when hotels are expensive. Another favorite of mine is BookVIP – they offer huge resort savings.
How To Book Activities When You Travel
My favorite website to search for activities, tours and especially skip the line tickets is Viator and Get Your Guide. This makes trip planning so much easier because you don’t have to search several sites as both websites have several options to choose from. Same also goes with TripAdvisor Attractions – you can search and book activities as well as read reviews.
How To Book Rental Cars When You Travel
Instead of checking every single website, I use RentalCars.com, Car Rental 8 and Skyscanner Car Rentals to find car rentals all over the world with just one click. If you plan to park at the airport, visit Airport Parking and make a reservation.
Why Travel Insurance Is a Must When You Travel
People book trips and forget the most important part, purchasing travel insurance. Because we travel often, I purchase our travel insurance through Allianz for a year at a time which means that we are covered for all trips within that year. Travel insurance will protect you and your family against theft, injury illness, flight cancellations and so much more. It is a MUST!
Looking to save even more money when you travel?
Visit my Travel Resources page to see all the reliable and trustworthy brands that I use to book my travel with. I only recommend brands that I’ve used and can vouch for, so you’re in good hands! 😊 Also check out these posts below:
- How To Save Money On Flights
- Best Websites To Find Cheap Flights & Error Fares
- Tips On How To Make Travel Affordable For Families
Top Travel With Kids Tips
Traveling with kids and have a few questions you need answers too, these posts below will help your trip run smooth.