This post may contain affiliate links. By clicking on any of the links below, I may get a commission if you make a purchase at absolutely no additional charge to you. This helps offset the costs of running this blog & I appreciate your support. Please see my privacy & disclosure policy for more.
Packing clothes for a snow trip with kids, especially if it’s your first trip, can be overwhelming. You want to make sure your kids don’t freeze but you may not be sure how to do it. When Aiden requested that we take a snow trip, I immediately got to reading and researching what to bring on a snow trip, when kids are involved. This is what I packed for our Ski trip to Winter Park, Colorado.
Tips To Note:
- Prior to wearing a snow suit on your child, it is ideal that they wear two upper layers of clothing such as, a long sleeve underwear, a turtle neck or a fleece top; and one bottom layer such as long underwear bottoms.
- There are 3 recommended layers when heading out for snow play; a base layer, a middle layer and final outer layer. The base layer is to wick moisture away, the middle layer to insulate warmth and the final layer is to offer warmth as well as moisture and wind protection. If you feel that your kid is too warm, you can always take off one layer.
- The best materials to look for are wool and synthetics, over garments made with cotton, especially when purchasing base layers and socks.
- Double check that their outerwear is waterproof and not water-resistant, and bright-colored so it’s easy to spot them in snowy conditions.
- Don’t forget to pack an extra set of waterproof gloves or mittens, hats and neck warmer just in case one gets lost.
- Lip balm, sun screen and sunglasses or ski goggles will also come in very handy.
- Follow our above tips and accordingly decide what to bring on a snow trip. Have FUN!!
Below Is What I Purchased For Aiden. Clicking each image or link will take you the item, I purchased. (I’ve also included links for the girl’s version of what I got for him)
1. First Layer
2. Second Layer
If you don’t want to get fleece pajamas, you can always just get a turtle neck or fleece sweater and pair it with a lightweight, comfortable and easy to move around in fleece bottoms.
3. Third & Final Layer
I purchased 2 snow suits (snow suit with snow bib and a snowmobile} for Aiden because I wasn’t sure which one would work best. If you have kids who are potty training, make sure to pick a snow suit wisely,
4. Wool Socks [Boys / Girls]
7. Hat & Scarf
In order to eliminate too many pieces, it’s easier to have the hat and scarf together such as the one piece or a tube type scarf that will stay one and doesn’t need to be fixed during play. If your kids will be participating in snow sports, then they will need to wear a helmet and I highly suggest a balaclava under the helmet to keep them warm.
8. Ski Goggles
9. Lip Balm
Optional Item: Swim Suit / Swim Trunks – Most resorts have a heated indoor/outdoor swimming pool as well as a hot tub. After a long day in the snow, there’s nothing better than a heated pool. So make sure to double-check the amenities your resort offers and pack accordingly!!!
Tell me, what do you pack when you take your kids on a snow trip?
Booking Your Trip – Tips & Tricks
How To Book Cheap Flights When You Travel
If you are looking to book the cheapest flights you can possibly find on the internet, then make sure to use Skyscanner when searching for flights. Don’t forget to download the Free Skyscanner App also which is very handy. This is how I was able to get $12.40 airfare from Los Angeles to London, as well as $9.40 airfare from London to Italy.
How To Book Affordable Accommodation When You Travel
When booking accommodation, TripAdvisor is the way to go because you can read reviews and see photos from other travelers to get a feel of where you will be staying. Other great sites to book hotels are HotelsCombined, Booking.com and Hotels.com. Don’t forget to check HomeAway and VRBO for house and villa rentals too. Perfect for when you travel with a large family, and also to save money when hotels are expensive. Another favorite of mine is BookVIP – they offer huge resort savings.
How To Book Activities When You Travel
My favorite website to search for activities, tours and especially skip the line tickets is Viator and Get Your Guide. This makes trip planning so much easier because you don’t have to search several sites as both websites have several options to choose from. Same also goes with TripAdvisor Attractions – you can search and book activities as well as read reviews.
How To Book Rental Cars When You Travel
Instead of checking every single website, I use RentalCars.com, Car Rental 8 and Skyscanner Car Rentals to find car rentals all over the world with just one click. If you plan to park at the airport, visit Airport Parking and make a reservation.
Why Travel Insurance Is a Must When You Travel
People book trips and forget the most important part, purchasing travel insurance. Because we travel often, I purchase our travel insurance through Allianz for a year at a time which means that we are covered for all trips within that year. Travel insurance will protect you and your family against theft, injury illness, flight cancellations and so much more. It is a MUST!
Looking to save even more money when you travel?
Visit my Travel Resources page to see all the reliable and trustworthy brands that I use to book my travel with. I only recommend brands that I’ve used and can vouch for, so you’re in good hands! ? Also check out these posts below:
- How To Save Money On Flights
- Best Websites To Find Cheap Flights & Error Fares
- Tips On How To Make Travel Affordable For Families
Top Travel With Kids Tips
Traveling with kids and have a few questions you need answers too, these posts below will help your trip run smooth.