Hi Everyone ~
Welcome to my BLOG!
My name is Karen and I am the face behind theMOMtrotter.
I’m a full time working Mom to a beautiful and strong spirited 3 year old, Wife to an amazing husband, and a Big Sis to a sweet but stubborn 16 year old.
Blogging has been on my mind for some time now, so I finally decided to take the plunge.
Well here I am now.
I hope you enjoy my blog and learn a thing or two.
A Few Facts About Me:
- I was born and raised in Cameroon. If you don’t know where that is, put a map to use.
- I moved to the United States when I was 14 years old. I was homesick for a very long time.
- I have one sibling, she is 16 years old and is a typical teenager.
- I graduated high school and started college at 16 because I skipped the 11th grade.
- I attended California State University Northridge where I received my BA in Child & Adolescent Development in 2009. I loved it so much that I went back a year after and graduated with my MS in Family & Consumer Sciences in 2011. And by “Loved It” I mean California State Northridge not School, lol.
- I met my husband when I was 19, and we got married 3 years later. He is truly my best friend. We have so much in common and parenting is especially easy because we have the same parenting style.
- My husband and I have a 3.5 year old who is just a burst of joy in our home.
- I don’t believe in traditional education hence why my 3 year old is home/travel schooled.
- I am a travel addict and have made it my goal to travel to as many countries as I can.
- I believe that life is just too short, so I live everyday as if it was my last.
Things you’ll see on this blog …
Parenting: Mom’ing, Breastfeeding
Travel: Tips & Tricks, Travelling with Children, Places we’ve been
Home-school Preschool: What we do and What we learn
Miscellaneous: Talent Agencies etc